On March 23, 2022, Google started rolling out the third version of the product review update. This is Google’s latest algorithm update that applies to all websites that cover product reviews.
However, this is not Google’s core ranking algorithm update as it applies to those websites only that deal with product reviews. As per Google, this update will continue to roll out in the next few weeks.
Google had already released two product review updates and this is the third in line. The first two updates were focused on improving rankings of websites that shared authentic, first-hand, and expert reviews of products.
According to Google, this latest update builds on the work done by previous product reviews update. This update will improve the rankings of the websites that:
- Include in-depth product analysis.
- Cover positive as well as negative aspects of the product.
- Describe how the product is different from the previous versions.
- Include reviews from the experts who have actually used the product.
- Include unique information about the product beyond what’s mentioned by the manufacturer.
- Cover comparable products.
You can read Google’s official announcement here.
What Do You Need To Do?
It is always beneficial to abide by Google’s official guidelines when writing product reviews. This makes sure that you don’t face the negative effects of any algorithm update. Google’s aim is to get the best, honest, helpful, and authentic product reviews in front of online shoppers.
Search Engine Code Team is comprised of SEO experts and strategists having more than 20 years of combined experience. We keep testing and delivering knowledge of SEO for the community of SEO.